I love to cook…but with the craziness of life lately, I haven’t had much time. Added to my goal list….to cook more ! I found this super easy recipe over at Health Scoop Online . It’s healthy, super quick and totally hit the spot! I think next time I would use more green pepper and less pepper.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices ( I used Turkey Kielbasa )
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small head savoy cabbage, cut into quarters, cored, and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Over medium-high heat, in a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil. Quickly brown sausage. Add bell pepper, cabbage, salt and pepper. Pour in broth; sprinkle with parsley. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover pot with lid and simmer until cabbage is crisp tender, about 10 minutes (or desired tenderness).
I ate this with a side of Couscous. Love Couscous !!
Final Recipe Review = Yum, Yum gimme some ( more ) !